Sunday 27 April 2014

Silbury Hill - A new perspective


This is an update on my shaped canvases. Having made the frames with MDF surfaces and spent hours sanding , priming sanding again and then painting, I was very disappointed with the finish. I didn't like the surface and the multiple glazes I had been putting on just weren't giving the depth I wanted.

So in the end I decided to to cover the frames with canvas. Not an easy task as the corner angles meant the canvas would need to be cut . 


To get around this problem, I sewed extra pieces of canvas in various v shapes into the corners and then was able to stretch the canvas over the frame and do so nifty folding where I had added bits. The end result worked quite well but was very fiddly. The picture at the top of this post is the end result of my aerial impression of Silbury Hill with its mutiple surrounding field boundaries that have changed over the years.





No comments:

Post a Comment