Sunday 27 April 2014

Leashing and knotting 14th March 2014

14th March

This is my loom all warped up and ready for weaving. I have used the legs from a Rigid Heddle loom frame to support the loom at a good comfortable angle for working. 

As I am intending to weave 3 long horizontal strips on the one frame, I should be able to work on the first two from this side then disconnect and turn the whole loom round to work on the last strip.

I have allowed about 3 in between each strip  for knotting and finishing. 


To make the weaving quicker and easier, each lower warp has been attached to a heddle bar by a loop of yarn.  

This way, when I want to weave under the lower warps I just need to lift the relevant threads and the gap will be made open.

Three rows of weave completed and two half hitch knots on each of the 720 warps done.  All set.


No comments:

Post a Comment